It’s Sunday, and while most of us will be navigating the Sunday scaries, parents have another daunting task ahead: working out what on earth their kids should eat this week.
Creating a menu for children that’s healthy, pleases their picky palettes, and doesn’t take an age to make? It’s no walk in the park.
We’re here to help take at least one decision of your plate, by offering up a recipe that makes the perfect snack, lunchbox filler, or savoury vegetarian breakfast.
Just slot this in where it works best, prep a batch today, and sit back and relax in the glow that you’ve nailed this.
Ahead, my recipe for fluffy cauli-peas muffins, made using just a handful of ingredients.
Fluffy cauli-peas muffins recipe
- 1/2 small cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- Cup of peas
- 60g Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven 180c fan.
- Start by boiling the cauliflower until tender, cut up into small pieces and set aside. Boil the peas and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk three eggs and season with salt and pepper (optional). Add the grated cheese and mix. Add the peas and cauliflower and mix well.
- Ladle mix into a greased muffin tray and top with a little more cheese.
- Bake for 20ish mins until set and turning golden.
- Allow to cool a little before removing from the tin. Will keep for up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.