Milk is infused with lemon flavor then eggs and sugar are added to create a smooth, silky lemon custard. It’s baked to perfection then dusted with powdered sugar. What’s not to love about this baked lemon pudding recipe?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour the milk into a saucepot. Add the lemon zest. Bring to just a boil, then remove the pan from the heat. Let it sit a few minutes to infuse the lemon flavor into the milk.
- Whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar in a bowl. Add some of the hot milk to the eggs to temper them, then add the egg mixture to the milk, whisking constantly. Stir in the lemon extract.
- Put 10 mini custard cups into a roasting pan. Divide the mixture between the custard cups.
- Carefully pour boiling water around the custard cups to create a water bath. (The water should come halfway up the sides of the custard cups. )
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until they are set but still jiggle in the middle slightly. Remove the custard cups to cool, then refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- To serve, top with fresh lemon slices and dust with powdered sugar. You could also dollop with whipped cream and add fresh berries.
Notes: You could make this recipe using six 6- to 8-ounce custard cups. Bake about 5 to 10 minutes longer.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.