If you’re trying to eat healthy but can’t even stand to look at one more salad/tired of chowing down soggy salads day in and day out, you’ve come to the right place.
From quick and easy wraps to nourishing rice bowls and veggie-packed pasta, these wholesome make-ahead recipes will make you look forward to your lunch break:
- Fresh Spring Rolls: Seasonal veggies, herbs and soba noodles slathered in a sweet and savory peanut sauce pack these spring rolls with a medley of bright and refreshing flavors. Pair with peanut sauce or tamari for dipping. Get the vegan recipe here. You can customize the recipe by tossing in veggies and microgreens of your choice for added flavor and nutrition boost.
- White Bean and Spinach Quesadillas: Packed with creamy white beans, spinach and feta cheese, these crispy quesadillas will fill you up without weighing you down. Plus, you can easily put them together in 30 minutes. Get the freezer-friendly recipe here.
- Chickpea Shawarma Wraps: Made with shawarma-spiced chickpeas, creamy hummus, spicy zhoug and fresh veggies tucked inside warm pita bread, these deliciously wholesome wraps are bursting with flavor in every bite. And the best part? You can make them from scratch in under 40 minutes. Here’s the complete recipe. This recipe for Roasted Vegetable Greek Chicken Wraps is also highly recommended.
- Chipotle Shrimp Burritos with Simple Avocado Crema: This tasty burrito recipe is loaded with protein, fiber and tons of flavor thanks to succulent shrimp doused in Mexican spices, creamy avocado sauce, rice and microgreens. You can swap white rice with brown rice in the recipe to make it even more nutritious. If you’re a burrito buff, this Southwest Tofu Burrito recipe is also worth giving a try.
- Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl: Vibrant veggies and crumbled turkey tossed in sweet and tangy Teriyaki sauce make these rice bowls both flavorful and filling. If you want to ditch rice, you can pair this with noodles or fill it inside a lettuce wrap. Here’s the wholesome recipe. You might also like these recipes for Cauliflower Rice Kimchi Bowls and Mango Ginger Rice Bowl.
- Sunny-Side Up Egg Pizza: Satisfy your comfort food cravings without letting your health goals fall by the wayside with this protein-packed pizza recipe that is as wholesome as it is delicious. This recipe for Japanese-Inspired Egg Pancakes With Spinach and Green Onions is also highly recommended.
- Asian Salmon with Carrot and Cucumber Slaw: Oven-baked salmon marinated in a sweet and spicy sauce pairs beautifully with crunchy carrot and cucumber slaw doused in peanut dressing in this Asian-inspired recipe. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions and you’re all set. If you’re a seafood fan like me, you might also like these recipes for Teriyaki Salmon with Broccoli and Rice and Salmon Avocado Stuffed Lettuce Wraps.
- Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Couscous: Protein-packed couscous and tender veggies cooked in a blend of aromatic spices make this recipe a deliciously healthy make-ahead lunch option. Plus, it comes together in just 30 minutes from prepping to cooking. Check out the vegetarian recipe here.
- Creamy Green Leek and Pea Pasta: This simple and refreshing green pasta recipe is chock full of vitamins, antioxidants and gut-healthy fiber. And you can whip it up from scratch in under 30 minutes—making it a perfect option for busy weekdays. You might also like these recipes for Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta and Vegetable Garden Pasta.
- Vietnamese Noodle Bowls with Lemongrass Tofu: Made with luscious rice noodles topped with crispy marinated tofu, colorful veggies and crunchy sesame seeds, these vegan noodle bowls make for a healthy make-ahead lunch that’s fresh, light and delicious. Get the easy-to-make recipe here. This vibrant Sesame Soba Noodles recipe is also highly recommended.
‘Tis time to happy nom!